This agreement covers the Teddington Swimming Club trip to:
Easter Camp – Majorca 2018, Monday 2nd April – Monday 9th April
Before you begin you will need a scan/copy of the swimmer's EHIC card in either pdf, png or jpg format and access to their passport details to fill in the details on the form. Please make sure all the details on the scans are legible.
By submitting this on-line form I agree to my son/daughter joining this trip and confirm that I have provided all the information requested. In addition to this form you will be required to sign a paper copy of the Code of Conduct before attending the camp. The Code of Conduct is outlined below, but will be provided separately.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Teddington Swimming Club Swim Camp Mallorca – 2 - 9 April 2018
This document is aimed to give swimmers, and their parents, details of the Code of Conduct to which all swimmers and staff are expected to conform whilst travelling to and participating in the Swim Camp. This code has been adapted from that used by the Amateur Swimming Association of Great Britain and Middlesex County and is designed to ensure that the behaviour of the swimmers and staff members reflects well on the club and the sport in general. These measures are in place to ensure every swimmer has a productive and positive training camp.
Participation in the Swim Camp is dependent on agreement to the terms contained in this Code of Conduct.
Behaviour & Personal Conduct
- Behaviour must at all times be of a high standard and reflect favourably on the sport and our club.
- Language in public or relevant group situations must always be appropriate and socially acceptable.
- Good behaviour and respect towards all team staff and any rules, which are laid down, is expected at all times.
- Rowdy behaviour and a lack of respect towards hotel guests, staff, locals or other swimmers will not be tolerated.
- All swimmers must take care not to cause nuisance, disturbance or damage to the airplanes, coaches, hotel, sports village and any other swim camp localities. Parents will be liable for any costs arising from damage caused by their child. Swimmers must respect the facilities and tidy up after themselves (drinks bottles, snack packaging etc)
Parents please ensure you have spoken to your child about behaviour and the importance of doing as the team manager/chaperones or coaches tell them. Failure to abide by the team rules will mean being subject to sanctions as detailed below. Good behaviour means the whole team has a good time.
Consumption of Alcohol, Smoking and use of illegal Drugs and Substances
- The drinking of alcohol, smoking of tobacco, vaping, or any involvement with illegal or controlled substances is strictly forbidden to any swimmers.
- Any of the above must not be consumed whilst on route or during the Camp. This rule also applies to all team members and staff regardless of age without specific prior consent of the team manager.
Hotel Rooms & Curfews
- Swimmers will stay in the rooms that they have been allocated to. If there is a problem with the room the swimmer will contact the chaperone allocated to them. If the room allocation is not working swimmers may be swapped during the stay.
- Swimmers are not permitted to leave their rooms at night after lights out. If there is a problem the swimmer must tell the chaperone when they are carrying out the hall walks after lights out.
- Socialising with swimmers of the opposite sex will be restricted to public or lounge areas of the hotel as directed by the Team Manager. Socialising in bedrooms with swimmers of the opposite sex is not allowed.
- There should be no more than 6 swimmers of the same sex in any one room at a time. Noise must be kept to a minimum and should not be heard outside the room. Please do not bring speakers for playing music, if found they will be confiscated until the end of the Camp. Failure to adhere to these rules will be considered a breach of the Code of Conduct.
- Where an individual does not take responsibility for any breach of the Code of Conduct, collective responsibility will have to be applied.
- Attendance at all meetings, training sessions and any other activities during the trip is required unless previously agreed by the lead coach/team manager.
- Swimmers must be prompt at meals and training sessions.
Photography & Social Media
- Photographs of other swimmers may only be taken with their consent
- When using social media you will not post anything that will negatively impact the club or say anything hurtful or untrue about another club member, official, coach or chaperone.
- You must seek explicit permission from other club members when uploading photographs of them to social media and ensure that they are appropriately dressed.
- All swimmers and parents should read the following ASA guidelines regarding social media:
Breaches of the Code of Conduct will result in the following sanctions:
- Informal discussion and warning regarding behaviour
- Official verbal warning and exclusion from one or more camp activities.
- Phone call to parents – the swimmer will have to explain their behaviour to their parents and parents will be informed of the consequences of further sanctions.
- Suspension from competitions and/or the Club
- Returning home at parent’s expense and/or suspension or exclusion from the Club
The team manager and the lead coach shall deal with breaches of this Code of Conduct in the first instance. By signing this Code of Conduct you accept these conditions. The severity of the breach of the Code of Conduct will determine at what level the sanctions begin. If sanctions reach level 4 or above on return from the camp there will be a formal meeting with the head coach, the swimmer, a parent of the swimmer and a team member from the camp.
For Parents/Guardians of Swimmers under the age of 18 years and swimmers aged 18+
You will be required to sign a paper copy of the code of conduct.