The Head Coach plans the competition activity and the meets that the club intends to enter will be published on the website. The swimmer should discuss with their squad coach in the first respect which competitions would be appropriate for the training cycle and discuss which strokes and distances should be entered.
The major competitions we enter are the County, Regional and National meets. Training regimes are created to allow the swimmers to peak at the right time and to benefit from the appropriate competitions on that journey.
All swimmers are expected to take part in the club champs unless advised otherwise by the Head Coach.
- Please cheer for your team swimmers and all the other swimmers in the club when they are racing.
- Please refrain from calling out to the swimmers whilst they are on the blocks, however well intentioned. They should be focussing for their races. Shouting from the poolside is a big distraction for both swimmers and officials before a race.
- Please do not ask time keepers your time immediately after a race. Times are usually collated and published as soon as possible after the event / meet.
- Please accept the official’s decision on your swim, and discuss any concerns you have about a decision privatively with the Coach at the appropriate time.
- Swimmers are expected to return directly to the coach following the conclusion of the race so that the coach may provide appropriate feedback.
- It is important that swimmers are allowed time to swim down at the end of a competition to allow recovery before the parents discuss the swim with the swimmer.