The TSC Squad Structure & Criteria is reviewed regularly by the coaches & committee, to reflect changes in facilities and coaching expectations.
Swimmers moving squad need to demonstrate they can maintain the training guidelines defined for the target squad. Competition requirements will be reviewed by the coaches taking into consideration current age and swimming age.
A few adjustments are being introduced for the start of 2017 to ensure the framework continues to fulfill the objectives of the club:
- Competition -TSC is a competitive swimming club to progress to & retain a place in Development Academy, Academy & County Squads swimmers will need to attend Competitions recommended by the club. Initially swimmers can focus on local events TSC Club Championship, TSC “Development” Championship, TSC Novice Open Meet, Richmond Borough Championship. As swimmers progress they will need to attend Middlesex Competitions and local Open meets.
- Academy – time criteria for entry & requirements to retain a of place have been reviewed. An attendance requirement has been added.
- Dev Academy - entry time criteria & requirements to retain place in squad have been reviewed. An attendance requirement has been added.
- Club Squad – categories have been simplified - morning sessions – Club 1 & 2 swimmers can request the option to attend Tuesday morning in addition to weekend sessions – a coach is available Tuesday morning for Ad Dev, Club 1 / 2 & Dev Academy swimmers. CLUB 3 – LEH pool will close from mid February to August, Club 3 swimmers will be invited to attend Thursday mornings during this period & are being offered a session at Pools on the Park. CLUB A – the age criteria has been amended to reflect swimmers joining when they move to secondary school
- Equipment to avoid confusion information has been added to the squads where swimmers are expected to have their own “kit”.
Changes to the Squad Structure are aligned to the annual squad fee review where appropriate.
Click the links to find out more about a squad or take a look at the training timetable: