- Treat all members of the club with due respect, fellow Swimmers, Coaches and Officials.
- Treat all competitors and representatives from competing clubs with respect.
- The use of inappropriate or abusive language, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical violence will not be tolerated and could result in action being taken through the club disciplinary or child welfare policy.
- Do not say or do anything that will bring TSC into disrepute.
- Arrive in good time to stretch, 10-15 minutes before start time.
- Have all your kit with you eg: pull buoy/kick board/fins /paddles/snorkel.
- Give 100% of your best in both training and competition.
- Ensure you bring a full drinks bottles to every training session.
- Use the lavatory before training and inform the coach if you need to leave the pool during training.
- Listen to what your coach is telling you and inform your coach if you are unwell or injured.
- Always swim to the wall as you do in a race and practice turns as instructed.
- Do not stop in the lane, you may get injured by other swimmers.
- Do not pull or sit on the lane ropes as this may injure other swimmers.
- Do not cross other lanes without checking where the swimmers in that lane are as this can cause accidents.
- Do not skip lengths or sets as you are only cheating yourself.
- Think about what you are doing during training and what you are learning.
- Make sure you know what training zone you are working in.
- Behave sensibly in the changing rooms. Females and males should not share changing cubicles.
- Arrive ½ hour before the meet is scheduled and in good time to warm up with your teammates.
- You must swim events and galas that the Head Coach has entered/selected you for unless agreed otherwise beforehand with the relevant club official.
- At Open meets, check with your coach when you should post your cards or sign in.
- Warm up before the event.
- Prepare yourself for the race.
- Warm up and swim down properly following the coach’s guidelines.
- Be part of the team. Stay with the team on poolside and if you leave for any reason you must tell the Coach and Team Manager where you are going.
- Always congratulate other swimmers after the race regardless of your own result.
- Listen for your race to be announced and go to the marshalling area in time and report in.
- Support your teammates, everyone likes to be supported.
- You must wear club uniform and club hats when representing the club.
- Swim down after the race, if possible. Do not use this time to play.
- After your race report to the coach first, not your parents. Receive feedback on your race and splits.
- Performance enhancing drugs and illegal substances are all strictly forbidden.
Having read and understood the above Teddington Swimming Club Code of Conduct I agree to comply with it as a member in good standing.